Monday, September 15, 2014

World Lymphoma Day and My Turn to Give Back

It's been quite some time since I have posted to The Purple Tattoo.  Since my last post I have actually gotten my purple tattoo and I am just over 1 year cancer-free.  I have grown back my hair, I have been promoted at work and most of all I have been enjoying being well.

Today is World Lymphoma Day.  Today survivors look back at their fight and are thankful for all the research and medical advancements that have made their fight successful.  Today a Facebook group I belong to made up of survivors asked us to post pictures of our tattoos.  I put my right out there!  Everyday I look at that ribbon on my wrist, I rub my fingers across it and I am thankful.

It's no secret that cancer sucks!  Chemo sucks.  Being bald sucks.  But underneath all of that cancer did bring me some good things.  I found out just how tough I can be.  I learned that I am stronger than I ever thought possible.  I learned just how many wonderful people I have in my life.  I found out that in the thick of it, when everything seems at its worst that my family and I can band together and get through it!

so today, on World Lymphoma Day I'm looking back and being thankful, but I am also thinking about all those people out there who are still fighting, who might not be as lucky as I am as well as those who have not yet been diagnosed.  It's my turn to give back or to pay it forward.

I'm doing so by participating in Light the Night.  This is the walk for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society that will be taking place October 4 in Fort Myers.  I have formed Team Purple Tattoo and we have some amazing people who will be joining us to celebrate!

If you would like to join us you are more welcome.  If you would like to donate I am more than thankful.  You can find our team page at the link below.
Team Purple Tattoo Fundraising page


XOXO,
Amy

1 comment: